"A CREATIVE AND INSPIRING ADVENTURE FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS OF ANY SKILL LEVEL"
Welcome to Photography Workshop Tours. Our tour offers you a chance to combine not only a wonderful creative learning experience but to immerse yourself in a vibrant and warm culture surrounded by stunning landscapes and architecture. We want our clients to experience this blend of photography, travel and culture in a friendly and fun environment. Whether you are a beginner, an enthusiast, or a professional, our team will work with you at your level of experience. Your equipment should not hold you back – be it a smartphone, point and shoot or professional DSLR, we can accommodate. Learning takes place in the field, walking and talking, over meals, all while enjoying and photographing our surroundings. We invite you to join us on a truly amazing photographic and cultural adventure.
• Ethical responsibility in photography and travel.
• Practical understanding of specific aspects of travel, landscape, wildlife and documentary photography.
• Provides a unique blend of hands-on learning techniques and skills.
• Turn an ordinary image into an extraordinary image.
• A better understanding of how to capture that great image.
• Exposure, composition and subject matter.
• Discuss editing and post-processing.
• Engaging with local people and in local life.
• Our tours are limited to 8 people making this an intimate group size allowing for a stimulating dynamic where participants can share their experiences with like-minded people.
Nepal is a photographers dream. A land of magnificent landscapes, diverse cultures, majestic mountains with an intense spirit. The soul of this trip is to introduce you to this unique country and to get those images you will be proud to share on your return home, telling your own unique journey.
One of our highlights is the photography flight over Everest and the mountain ranges. This is a special plane with only one row of seats running along each side of the plane so that you can take your images in comfort. We take in some of the more well know places including a number of UNESCO World Heritage sites, but pride ourselves on introducing you to the more rural hillside villages where we will meet with the some of the locals and enjoy a meal with them.
• We schedule this trip annually for November as this is the best time for photographers when the air is cool and clear.
• The tour appeals to both young and old, the novice or more experienced photographers.
• We only use locally owned and run services.
• 1 day workshop in Dublin. For those outside of Dublin we will have a live video link. This will be run about 6 weeks before the designated tour date, to allow you to organise the essentials for the trip.
• Finishing off the day with a dinner at a Nepalese restaurant in Dublin to experience some of the food and culture you will experience on your trip.
• Welcome dinner on arrival at our hotel.
• Half-day workshop on the first day to prepare for our next 9 days in the field, followed by our first outing in Kathmandu.
• Farewell dinner on our last night before departure. Here we will share our favourite images with the tour. Post Tour:
• Client gallery on the website where everyone can display some of their images and story.
• We are in talks to secure a special exhibition where each client will have 2 of their favourite images presented. This will be a unique chance for you to showcase your work.
Our 2023 workshop tour dates are to be confirmed.
1 day workshop in Dublin / Live video link for people outside of Dublin
11 Day Tour
Half Day Workshop in Kathmandu
Photography Flight over Everest
Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara
3 Photography Guides / Teachers
English Speaking Guide and Driver
3 Star Hotel / Home Stays
Double Occupancy - Price to be confirmed
Single Occupancy - Price to be confirmed
• Accompanied by 2 professional Photographers
• Small group with personalised attention
• Special photography flight over Mount Everest and mountain range’s
• Short walking days allowing for plenty of photography time
• Daily critique of your photography
• Explore and immerse yourself in both the culture and landscapes of Nepal
• Meeting and photographing more rural villagers and having a meal with them.
• Insight to aerial/drone photography.
"insatiable thirst for travel & adventure"
"I have known and worked with Moira Lawson over many years and admire her insatiable thirst for travel and adventure. Whether in the townships of South Africa or the wilds of the Arctic, in the jungles of Costa Rica or the urban sprawl of Beijing, Moira has shown a unique capacity to make firm friends and forge relationships across the cultural divide. Travelling to far-flung corners of the globe, she displays a rare passion for engaging with people & places everywhere and then documenting these encounters in her beautiful and respectful photography. Her talent for meticulous planning, enthusiasm and irrepressible spirit all combine to make her an inspiring and informed guide on any expedition.."